Back in the beginning of RagingServer.com, I did a lot of advertising, and a LOT of posting.
Well, with the new year coming, there’s also some new ideas in the works here at RagingServer.com.
The Horror Story submission page, and Horror Story section that I’ve talked about before is up, as the RagingPartner has just finished it. These stories will be credited to the person who wrote them. I won’t necessarily post your e-mail if you don’t want me to, but I will if you don’t tell me not to.
Also, I’m considering guest posters. This is one I’ve been thinking of for a while now, but I’m not sure exactly how I’ll work it out. If you have suggestions on this topic, let me know.
RoundTable, as always, is going to be moving along further, and if you want to be included in the future, give us post submissions for it.
The RagingPartner has also found a new place for the t-shirts, not sure if it’s going to have other products there too, but I haven’t got that set up yet.
I think that’s it for now….
Let’s all pray for the Raging T-Bird….she’s not doing so well as you all know….
This means the Ribeye will be working much overtime, dealing with more stupid people, and coming home bitchier than ever.
Parties at my job are great money, except for the fact that you don’t get your gratuity the same day. Each party you’ll get upwards of a hundred or more dollars of your own, but you don’t get the money until the next paycheck. This means that the private party that I worked this past Saturday night, the one I worked last night and the one that I’m going in to work this morning, will not be on my paycheck until next Thursday. This can cause a lot of added stress to people who already are broke or behind on their shopping.
It also really sucks when the party in question doesn’t leave you anything over the gratuity, after you’ve gone above and beyond taking care of the bastards. The party I worked last night was open bar, and started out in the dining room. When they moved to the game room, I had to run to the dining room every time I wanted to get them a drink, then run back to the game room to deliver said drink. It would have been easier had the Micros system been on my side, but we couldn’t transfer the ticket to the game room. I tell the guests that I need to go to the dining room to get their drinks, thinking maybe they’ll take pity on me and give me some extra money while seeing me run for everything. Nothing. 40 dollar grat for 3 hours of running my ass off. They weren’t Canadians, they weren’t hicks, they weren’t trash. Well, I guess they were trash.
Sometimes you can’t judge these parties though. A few weeks ago I had a really ghetto party. This wasn’t the TSU Homecoming party, which had the spit on Ribeye theme toward the end, this was a really good party. I got 75 bucks extra grat on that one.
No, this one is nothing bad.
I work at a restaurant in a mall, so it’s going to be a…..fun? shift.
I touched on this in a previous post, when I talked about what all is coming up for RagingServer, and I’ve already had the first feature article. My partner is helping me figure out a way to have the features on a separate page that’s set up really nice, but until then they’re just going to be in a separate category. I have working titles I’m going to share with you, and I might post one before next week, but now let’s get to the original purpose of this post.
I need article ideas. These, like I said before, are going to be a little different than normal posts in that there’s not going to be as much bitchery as information for the general public, and if it happens to get picked up by something like Consumerist.com or Gridskipper.com or something like that, then that would be awesome. Please either e-mail your ideas to me or post them into comments. I’ll give credit to those who either give me ideas or who contribute information or sources.
Some of the future articles that I’ve already decided on are:
Drug Abuse in the Service Industry
Mistreatment of Service and Kitchen Support Employees
Service Industry Theft
Sexual Harassment of Servers
Those are just a few that I thought of just now, while riding in the car….gotta love mobile internet cards for laptop computers. These are only a few ideas though, and if it’s going to be a weekly — sometimes twice a weekly — column, then I’m definately going to need some more. Also, I may be e-mailing some of you that have commented on my posts to ask you some questions pertaining to these different topics, almost like a real reporter would do, so don’t be surprised if a few of you get an e-mail from me out of the blue. By the way, I’d just like to say thanks in advance for all of your help with this. Once I get a few articles, I’m going to send some of them to a couple of the local free newspapers here in Nashville in the hopes that some of the public might read my opinions.
More of the regular coming soon, and I’ll probably post one of the above articles tonight; I’m off work so I don’t have a recent war story for you.
Here lately, I feel I’ve gotten a bit stagnant with my posting, not in the quantity or even so much the quality, but I have to post some new things other than just bitching. Here are some of the new things that you’ll see coming up:
- Weekly Feature Article: Starting every Monday or Tuesday night, depending on if I get it up tomorrow or not, I’m going to have a weekly article on something. This week it’s either going to be something on the downfall of service quality in restaurants, or the constant mistreatment of restaurant employees who aren’t in the front of the house. It’s going to be one of those, I just haven’t decided which one it’s going to be. I’m also happy to take suggestions on articles that I should write, just e-mail them to me and I’ll gladly give them consideration.
- More polling: I’ve found that the polling is just something fun that I do every week, and it gives me something to look forward to every Friday night when I get off work, thinking up new polls and new ideas. Once again, I’m delighted to take suggestions from you, my faithful happy readers, and yes even you, the hateful unhappy readers. Just e-mail them to me.
- RagingServer Store: I’ve got the Cafe’ Press account up and running, now I’m just trying to get the store actually set up. You’ll see t-shirts, sweat shirts, caps, coffee mugs, and who knows what else there. I’m planning to launch the store by Black Friday, depending on how things go this week, but it’ll definitely be up by the end of next week, just in time for the beginning of the Holiday Shopping season. From the e-mails I’ve already gotten I’m hoping the store is going to be a success but I’m not getting my hopes up too much.
- More videos: Depending on the topic, I’m going to try and find videos from youtube or other sources, maybe even some from my personal life taken with my trusty Treo 700, give you a glimpse without actually revealing my secret identity.
- More of the bitching and raging you’ve all come to know and love!
I also just want to thank you all for your constant visits to my site. RagingServer.com would not be the place it is today without the help of you, the readers, and you, the people who have links to my page. Thanks to you all, I hit 35000 hits this past Friday, and the numbers are going up. You’ve all made me so very happy, and I hope I can keep doing the same for you….wow…I had an actual tear form in my eye…sorry guys and gals, just got a little emotional there. Just gotta give credit to you all. Thank you.